I have NOT hiked Mt. Whitney, but I have done a lot of hiking in California.
A consulting assignment in Gilroy, CA, Garlic Capitol of the World, from September 2002 through June 2003 enabled many opportunities for hiking and skiing and other fun activities.
Hikes during my 2002-2003 California consulting assignment:
- Mt. Madonna, 1897 ft, Santa Clara County Park, October 02, May and June 03
- Mt. Tamalpais, 2571 ft, 11/16/2002 (Marin County highpoint)
- Mt. Diablo, 3849 ft, 12/07/2002 (Contra Costa County highpoint)
- First time ever California skiing adventures in 2003.
- Pinnacles National Monument, 3/2/2003 and 6/22/03 hikes.
- Top of Yosemite Falls, 5-10-2003 hike
- El Capitan Hike, 7569 ft, 5/31/2003
- Mist Falls, Kings Canyon National Park, 6/14/2003
- Sequoia National Park, 6/15/2003
- Copernicus Peak, 4380 ft, 6/21/2003 (Santa Clara County highpoint)
- Point Lobos Reserve, 6/22/2003
- Climbing Dictionary
- National Park Service
- El Capitan - Awesome drillable shot of the vertical face, with technical climbing information and routes.
Copyright © 2003 -
Dale Stenseth. All rights reserved.
These pages may be freely linked to, but may not be duplicated in any manner without the author's express consent.