Yonezawa Ski Park Adventures 2004-2006
Yonezawa Ski Park is near Yonezawa, Japan.
There is a bus, but I never figured out how to catch it.
Skied Yonezawa Ski Park in February and March 2004.
Yonezawa lies in a beautiful mountain valley at 800 ft.
Yonezawa Ski Park is not very high, starting at 1617 feet, with a high point of 2326 ft. Because of the relatively low altitude, the temperature is usually warm enough during the day for the snow to melt. When I skied, after work, the slope was often icy, fast and treacherous. There are 2 chair lifts that I could see. These measurements were made with my Garmin etrex Legend.
Feb. 2006. Discovered 2 more chairlifts and another slope over the ridge.
Skiing in Japan
- Tengendai, Japan - Pictures, data, and bus schedule
- Yonezawa, Japan - Yonezawa Ski Park
- Zao, Japan - Pictures, data, and bus schedule
- Ski Central - search and index site for skiers and snowboarders
- SkiMaps - trail maps
- United States Ski and Snowboard Association (USSA) - home of the U.S. Ski Team
- Ski.com - resort and weather information, live cameras, equipment, and more
- Ski Magazine - skiing lifestyle publication
- Colorado Ski Authority
Copyright © 2006 - Dale Stenseth. All rights reserved. These pages may be freely linked to, but may not be duplicated in any manner without the author's express consent.