Zao Skiing Adventures 2004-2006
Skied Zao Mountain in January and March 2004. Zao is several kilometers north of Yonezawa Japan.
Skied Zao again 12/17/05. Felt tremors from the earthquake early Saturday morning.
Skied again Feb 2006. Foggy and windy. It`s a big aerobic workout to get to the top. The stretch from the top is a challenge and often very windy.
|Zao Mountain Snow Monsters: Local lore has it that these monsters come from Siberia, along with the cold fronts that cause the snow. Picture was taken by Kim in 2004.|
|Zao Snow Monsters patiently waiting in line for "food" at the top of the lift in 2004.|
|More Zao Snow Monsters in 2005.|
|Bus schedule from Yamagata train station to Zao Onsen. (2003-2005) Be sure to check if this schedule is still good. Cost was 840 yen, one way.|
Skiing in Japan
- Tengendai, Japan - Pictures, data, and bus schedule
- Yonezawa, Japan - Yonezawa Ski Park
- Zao, Japan - Pictures, data, and bus schedule
- Ski Central - search and index site for skiers and snowboarders
- SkiMaps - trail maps
- United States Ski and Snowboard Association (USSA) - home of the U.S. Ski Team
- Ski.com - resort and weather information, live cameras, equipment, and more
- Ski Magazine - skiing lifestyle publication
- Colorado Ski Authority
Copyright © 2006 - Dale Stenseth. All rights reserved. These pages may be freely linked to, but may not be duplicated in any manner without the author's express consent.