Zao Skiing Adventures 2004-2006
Skied Zao Mountain in Japan in January and March 2004.
Skied Zao again 12/17/05. Felt tremors from the earthquake early Saturday morning.
Skied again Feb 2006. Foggy and windy. It`s a big aerobic workout to get to the top. The stretch from the top is a challenge and often very windy.
|Zao Snow Monsters patiently waiting in line for "food" at the top of the lift in 2004. Local lore has it that these monsters come from Siberia, along with the cold fronts that cause the snow.|
|Zao Mountain Snow Monsters in 2005.|
|Bus schedule from Yamagata train station to Zao Onsen. (2003-2005) Be sure to check if this schedule is still good. Cost was 840 yen, one way.|
My Ski Pages
- Tengendai, Japan - Pictures, data, and bus schedule
- Yonezawa, Japan - Yonezawa Ski Park
- Zao, Japan - Pictures, data, and bus schedule
- Recent Skiing
- 2006-2007 Skiing - US & Japan
- 2005-2006 Skiing - US & Japan
- 2004-2005 Skiing
- 2003-2004 Skiing - US & Japan
- 2002-2003 Skiing - Tahoe area resorts. First time ever skiing!
Japan Ski Links
- Ski Central - search and index site for skiers and snowboarders
- GoSki - definitive guide to the world's snowiest spots
- SkiMaps - trail maps
- United States Ski and Snowboard Association (USSA) - home of the U.S. Ski Team
- International Ski Federation - official site
- Ski.com - resort and weather information, live cameras, equipment, and more
- Ski Magazine - skiing lifestyle publication
- Away.com Ski Guide
Copyright © 2006 - Dale Stenseth. All rights reserved. These pages may be freely linked to, but may not be duplicated in any manner without the author's express consent.